Artificial Intelligence in Education
We live in an era when technology rules. It is used in all spheres, and education is one of them. There are many products of the technological industry that are worth our attention. One of the most hotly debated is surely artificial intelligence or simply AI.
AI integration has been a persistent trend over the last decade. There are lots of tools and gadgets that are led by AI. It is able to mimic human needs and responses. It offers goods, services, tips, or recommendations another person could advise you. Thus, AI can tell where you can buy a research paper to reach the goals you’ve set. This guest post focuses on the main benefits and drawbacks the educational sector gets when using AI-driven technology.
The Rise of AI in Education
The use of AI for students has become a global trend not so long ago. The first attempts took place locally, but now their fruits can be seen everywhere. Almost every online tool we use is AI-driven. Even many offline apps are based on artificial intelligence, and the benefits they provide are outstanding!
Benefits of AI in Education
Some folks weigh educated vs. intelligent people to understand the difference. Indeed, when a person is educated, it doesn’t necessarily mean that he or she is wise and intelligent. When we review the use of AI and how it works, we can also see quite dumb programs and apps. We will, however, review the common benefits provided by AI to the educational sector thanks to using really smart AI-driven software, apps, and programs. Here are the main benefits:
- Time efficacy. AI saves tons of precious time for students and their teachers. It helps to find data in the blink of an eye. One can automate a lot of processes, and the job is done without human intervention. Besides, a lot of useful tips can be received instantly as well. Teachers can use AI to calculate the GPA of their students, create schedules, get tips on making their lessons more interactive, etc. This survey conducted by Slidesgo about AI tools in Education shows how AI tools benefit education and help teachers save time.
- Access to data. Students and teachers can access any kind of information on demand. To do that, they only need to connect to the Internet and type the right keyword combination to find the facts they need. AI generates the most relevant results, which are based on the search requests of other users. Access to data is instant.
- Personified education. AI likewise helps to personalize the learning style of every student. If the common learning methods do not suit a student, he or she can use AI to find alternative strategies that suit his or her learning style. It sufficiently increases the quality of learning and education in general.
- Boosted productivity. When students reap such benefits as access to any information, effective learning tips, useful textbooks, etc., their productivity gets boosted. All the tasks are fulfilled much faster and easier. They are precise, original, and captivating.
- Cost-efficient. The use of AI is cheaper than standard methods of learning in the long run. Thus, many educational institutions implement it.
- A better engagement in learning. The use of smart technologies has a positive impact on the interest of students in their learning. Multiple studies and surveys prove this statement. Students eagerly attend lessons that allow the use of various apps, gadgets, and software. In the meantime, they commonly miss the lessons that exclude any use of technology. As they can use AI-driven technology, their engagement in the learning process increases.
Real-World Examples of AI in Education
At times, the best way of enhancing student engagement and education efficacy is to provide at least a few examples that take place all around the globe.
One more impact on student learning example is the chance to predict the outcomes at the end of a semester. It simply assesses the current success streak of a student. Thus, he or she can realize whether any problems with some subjects are. This helps to undertake preventive measures to improve something in learning before it’s too late.
Another great and popular example is assistance for teachers. The smart AI tool can create schedules for teachers to easily keep track of upcoming lessons, tests, and other work. It can review all the grades given to students to calculate the average grade instead of teachers. This assistance saves heaps of precious time. Mind that students can also use special online GPA calculators to know where they stand and if any adjustments are required.
Challenges and Considerations
Of course, the use of AI has its cons and challenges as well. What are they? Make allowances for the next essentials:
- Lack of skills. Many students don’t have good technical skills. Perhaps they have no gift for technology, or they don’t have money to utilize it at home. As they lack knowledge and competence, they cannot use AI-driven apps effectively.
- Strong addiction. Some youngsters are addicted to artificial intelligence. They like the amazing things it can do and start to use it for non-academic purposes. Commonly, it steals their time that could be spent on academic life.
- Strong dependence on AI aid. A lot of students get used to AI support. They stop thinking on their own, and they don’t work out their skills. As a result, they cannot complete the simplest tasks without AI.
- Problems with weight. When youngsters overuse AI technology, they commonly sit in one place and position for a long time. They don’t move, consume junk food, and thus put on weight. Excess weight can lead to many serious health ailments.
What are the solutions? Well, students should be honest with themselves and confess when they misuse or overuse technology. They should stop as soon as they use it for non-academic aims when they start to do homework.
In case they lack competence, there are many courses to students. Pass them online at any suitable time to improve your technical skills and understand how various apps and software work. You should also be physically active to avoid problems with your health.
Preparing for an AI-Driven Educational Future
One of the most important measures educators must take to improve student experience is to prepare them for future trends. Education will be AI-driven. It leaves no doubt. So, the main task of educators is to adjust their learning plans according to the upcoming trends.
What are students supposed to do in this situation? They should embrace the current AI technology the best they can. This will be the foundation for your future progress. When new tendencies take place, and new technology emerges, it will be much easier to adapt them to your learning style and other life needs. It is also wise to learn more about the upcoming AI-driven trends in the near years. You will be armed with the knowledge to master new technologies more effectively and much faster.
We are confident that the use of technology in education is a wise measure that provides educators and students with multiple benefits. If it is applied on time and with the help of the right apps, learning and teaching will become more productive, and everything will run faster. We have no doubts that AI is one of the most effective implementations that make any educational system benefit.